The American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA) and the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation (PDAEF)
Resist Tooth Decay: Healthy Smiles Through Remineralization (AGD #250)
Thursday, August 16, 2018
7:00 PM EDT
This live webinar is APPROVED FOR ONE (1) CE CREDIT and is designed to help dental assistants be aware of the need to be alert and responsive to the causes of tooth decay to help achieve the overall goal of preventative dentistry. This webinar will provide an overview of the risk factors for dental caries and treatments to help promote remineralization. The webinar will also address the ADA recommendations for the use of professionally applied topical fluorides.
FREE FOR ADAA MEMBERS
Virginia Oral Health Coalition Update
Collaboration and Leadership Workshop
* Lead community-driven, collaborative initiatives.
* Garner support for collective action and policy change.
* Build the infrastructure for sustainable system change.
Please register by August 14.
Questions? Contact Lauren Gray at 804.299.5506.
Oral Health and Overall Health
Oral health and overall health are fundamentally intertwined. The following links present current information on how oral health and other social factors impact overall health and well-being.
· Poor oral hygiene linked to increased heart disease risk (Dr. Bicuspid)
· Water fluoridation helps reduce decay in U.S. kids and teens (Campaign for Dental Health)
· Report: An oral health benefit in Medicare Part B: it’s time to include oral health in health care (Families USA)