Support An Adult Dental Benefit in Medicaid
Delegate Mark Sickles (303 #31H) and Senator George Barker (303 #7S) have both introduced budget amendments in their respective chambers that will ensure vulnerable adults in Virginia have access to dental coverage. An adult dental benefit for current Medicaid enrollees will improve health and save money.
- Contact your legislator | View talking points
- Share the information on social media | Social Media Toolkit
- Sign-on to a letter of support | View and sign the letter
The most crucial audience for this message right now are members of the money committees; this includes members of the Senate Finance Committee and the House Appropriations Committee. View a phone script and contact information for money committee members.
- A phone script and contact information for members of the Senate Finance Committee and House Appropriations
- Two downloadable fact sheets | General Adults and Older & Disabled Adults
- Social Media Toolkit
- Link to search your Senator and Delegate
- The Virginia Oral Health Report Card, which highlights two measures that will improve if a dental benefit is added to Medicaid:
- Currently, 50% of adults 45-64 have lost at least one tooth because of dental disease)
- Only 38% of Virginia adults have dental coverage.